Types and origins of rainbow flags
The national flag is the symbol of the country and a kind of symbolic flag of the country. Every citizen and organization should respect and cherish the national flag, which reflects a country's political characteristics and historical and cultural traditions through certain styles, colors and patterns.
As a professional flag factory with 20 years of experience in the flag industry, I would like to introduce the types of flags.
1. There are quite a few types of flags, and their shapes and colors are different. According to the different uses of flags, they can be roughly divided into the following categories: .
1. Political flags: there are national flags, party flags, regimental flags, military flags, and national flags of nearly 200 countries in the world, international organizations, and regional flags.
2. Logo (zhi) flags: flags with striking characters or emblems of units, groups, schools, etc., which can display their respective images. Including: corporate flag, company flag, factory flag, conference flag, etc., we also usually call it advertising flag.
3. Publicity flags: such as special flags for advertising large-scale events, in order to achieve the purpose of publicity and agitation. Including: water injection flags, knife flags, beach flags, hanging flags, colorful flags, etc.
4. Etiquette flags: Concierge flags are used in international exchanges, sports teams exchange team flags and pennants for rewards, etc.
5. Maritime flags: such as communication flags, communication flags, command flags, etc. for ships.
2. According to the different sizes of flags, usage scenarios and sizes, flags can be divided into the following categories:
1. National flag: regular size 90x150cm, 60x90cm, usually a standard national flag;
2. Hand crank: regular size 10x15cm, 14x21cm, 20x30cm, 30x45cm, usually used for national days, national elections, sports events, cheers and cheers;
3. Car flag: regular size 30x45cm, 20x30cm, usually used for event promotion, national elections, sports clubs and other fans;
4. String flags: regular size 14x21cm, usually used for decoration on National Day, sending teams, etc.;
5. Beach flag: usually used for promotional activities, gas stations and other places;
As a professional flag factory, our products are sold all over the world. Our current goal is to open up the American market. Next, we will introduce the most popular flag in the United States: the rainbow flag.
The rainbow flag, also known as the gay flag, represents the same-sex group of rainbow flags in six colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. According to the design intention of the designer Becker, the six colors represent: life, healing, sunshine, nature, harmony and spirit. It combines the colors of the rainbow red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple to represent the diversity of the gay community.
Red Red: Life
Orange Orange: Healing Healing
Yellow Yellow: Sunlight
Green Green: Natural
Blue Blue: Harmony Serenity/Harmony
Purple Purple: Spirit
The origin of the rainbow flag dates back to 1978, when San Francisco-based artist Gilbert Baker was asked by a local activist to create a flag for a community event. Inspired by the "Flag of Racial Harmony" with a five-stripe pattern, Becker designed an eight-striped flag with the colors: pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. According to Becker's design intent, the eight colors represent: Sex, Life, Healing, Sun, Nature, Art, Harmony and Spirit. Becker personally dyed the flag.
Becker soon went to the Paramount Flag Company in San Francisco to discuss mass production and sales of his "gay flag." Unfortunately, mass-producing his eight-striped flag didn't seem feasible since all the colors were hand-dyed by Becker and there was no bright pink dye on the market, so the flag's pattern was simplified. for seven colors.
In November 1978, the entire gay community of San Francisco was shocked by the assassination of the openly gay Mayor Harvey Milk. In order to express the strength and unity of the gay community after this blow, the parade committee in 1979 decided to use the Becker flag to start a march. The committee omitted the indigo stripes in order to distribute the colors equally among the several parade routes, with three colors on one side of the street and three on the other. It wasn't long before this version of the six-color stripe pattern became accepted, and today it is recognized by the International Association of Flag Makers.
Probably the most famous of these is the flag used to represent gay pride. In some parts of Europe, the rainbow flag is commonly used as a symbol of peace. Green has always been associated with homosexuality in Victorian England, however, the most colourful symbol for homosexuality is still the rainbow flag. The rainbow flag is the flag that represents "gay pride". In some parts of Europe, the rainbow flag is commonly used as a symbol of peace.
The "Rainbow Flag" has become the symbol of the LGBT movement in the United States and even in the world today. The so-called LGBT refers to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender. It is the English acronym for four groups of people. .
There are many more designs for the rainbow flag, and pictures are attached for your reference.